Thursday, October 1, 2015

Sears is back to 10% at Discover Deals - Up to 50% Cashback on Everything!

HT: tgere79 on Twitter

Update: New language excludes gift card redemptions from 10% on Discover Deals.  If this is being enforced, you will only be able to earn 10% once for a total of 20-30% cashback.  HT - @RobertDwyer on Twitter

It is official, Discover is my absolute favorite card this year. 

Embedded image permalink

I am extremely surprised at this, but Discover Deals is back to a 10% payout for Sears.  This is just in time for a new quarter to earn 5% cashback on up to $1,500 in purchases at Sears.

As Frequent Miler has shown (my own experiments show the same), it is still possible to earn cashback on the purchase of gift cards and a second time when you use the gift cards.  That would bring your total cashback to 25% on the first $1,500 in purchases.

 Since many people are enrolled in the Discover Double Cashback promotion.  The 25% is actually equal to 25% now and 25% in 13 months, for a total of 50% cashback.

It is even possible to earn an additional 10% cashback when purchasing 100% Shop Your Way Rewards items with your gift cards and going through the Discover Deals portal a third time.  That would be up to 70% cashback.  All this has already been outlined in quarter 1 by Frequent Miler and it's all back!

I'm sure we can find plenty of deals at Sears, but the door is wide open for us for the new quarter.  It might be time to ask for a credit limit increase!

If you don't have a Discover Card, you can use my referral link to earn a $50 signup bonus (doubled after the 13th statement) after your first purchase.

Caution: Discover may clawback rewards (especially if the purchase is made entirely with gift cards) and/or transactions may not track properly.  That's just a risk of the game.